To train personnel who are nominated as Site Main Controllers (SMC) under the current UK COMAH requirements and regulations.
To train personnel who are nominated as Site Main Controllers (SMC) under the current UK COMAH requirements and regulations. This training gives the participants the skill, knowledge and build experience to competently undertake the responsibilities of a Site Main Controller (SMC), in accordance with the current COMAH Regulations, in the event of an emergency.
Key content covered on this course includes, but is not limited to:
- Emergency management principles
- The roles and responsibilities of the SMC
- Command and control
- Emergency response services liaison
- Personnel safety and casualty response
- Hazard understanding and safe area identification
- Emergency response best practice
- Effective team member management and communications
- Demonstrate competence in the role by means of assessment through scenario based exercises
This course is approved and accredited by the Joint Oil Industry Fire-fighting Forum (JOIFF). This course can be delivered at your location and the scenarios tailored to your site and hazards. Please ask for more details.
This accredited and certified course is suitable for anyone who has been identified as SMC’s, holding overall site responsibility during an emergency or protracted incident.
When booked online this course is conducted at the Response Academy in Brunel House, Heather Lane, Hathersage, Derbyshire S32 1DP UK VIEW MAP
This course can also be delivered at your location and the information and scenarios tailored to your site and hazards, please make an enquiry below. (Please note: The travel and expenses for the delivery team will be charged in addition to the course costs when not delivered at a Response Academy location.)
Please enquire (below) for dates for courses at our or your own location.